Busy, exciting week! We have school Monday through Wednesday. Each day will be the typical pandemic schedule: 8:45 am - 12:45 pm. A few calendar notes.
1. We need CHALK. If you have some handy, please deliver to your child's teacher tomorrow, Tuesday, for some chalk-the-walk all little Tigers will do on Wednesday.
2. You need SPIRIT. Another sale tomorrow, Tuesday. 8 - 9am and 5:30 - 7pm in front of 663 Prospect. Cash or PayPal.
3. Get FREE BOOKS. SOMA Shares is hosting another book giveaway for ALL children Tuesday from 1 - 3pm. Yes, they need more volunteers.
4. Love the RAINBOW. Wednesday is the day for all Tigers to wear their grade's color. The big picture (literally) will be at 9am. Virtual families welcome (look for an email!) Purple - K; Blue - 1st; Green - 2nd; Yellow - 3rd; Orange - 4th; Red - 5th. If you have a shirt to pass onto a younger kiddo, leave it at the SPIRIT sale (see #2).
5. Celebrate our FIFTH GRADERS. Check this weekend's Tuscan Tidings - details on how to click and watch their virtual moving up ceremony are included. Available from 2pm Tuesday.
6. Hold tight for YEARBOOK distribution info. They're coming, they're amazing!
Join us TUESDAY June 15 (note new date) @ 7pm for the last PTA meeting of the school year.
Our meeting will include electing our 2021 - 2022 board, and celebrating some longtime teachers and parents who are leaving Tuscan due to retirement or graduating out.
As always, this General Membership Meeting is open to all. Log in details here.
TreeRing granted Tuscan a very generous yearbook deadline extension! MONDAY MAY 24th is the final date to order and/or design custom pages!
If you were late with portraits, or photo submissions to the general yearbook, send them right now to our dedicated, talented yearbook editor, Liz Zenobi @ email@example.com
Creating and buying a yearbook is easy. Visit TreeRing and enter Tuscan's code: 1014732707163566
Note: If you are creating more than one yearbook (for more than one kiddo) create a parent - not a student account.
Join SOMSD in partnership with SOMA Shares this weekend for massive, FREE, outdoor book sharing events open to all PreK – 12 students and their families.
Saturday May 22 @ Seth Boyden, 12 pm - 2 pm
Sunday May 23 @ the South Orange Middle School (SOMS), 12 pm - 2 pm
Click here for more info.
These book fairs can only happen with volunteer help! Please donate an hour this weekend to help get books to kids. Click here!
Sharing is caring. EVERY weekday, you can pick up books for K - 8th at the South Orange Middle School (SOMS) front vestibule at 70 North Ridgewood Road in South Orange, and this coming Sunday, you can grab even more books for pre-K - 12th graders at the SOMA Swap book exchange at St. Joe's church from 10 am - 2 pm.
If you have books to donate - kids only, good (enough!) condition, please bring on the day(s) to SOMS or St. Joe's. You don't have to donate to take books! And for both locations, take as many as you can carry!
Paper books are crucial for kids' comprehension and engagement, and these are great opportunities for ALL families, in addition to our towns' libraries, our Little Free Libraries, and/or buying your own.
Thank you to the twenty parents, teachers, and board members who attended last night's Zoom PTA meeting.
A draft of the minutes can be found here (top right). Our next meeting is Thursday May 6 at 7 pm, via Zoom.
Key takeaways from our April meeting:
- We need volunteers to help with bookkeeping, teacher appreciation week (May 3 - 7), and this weekend's class photos.
- Several important Tuscan projects need new leadership for next year, as the team leads are graduating out of Tuscan. Help out now to see if it might be a role for you! Tuscan Cares donation drives and our Yearbook are both ready for support.
- We are actively recruiting for next year's board! Position descriptions are here and the five officer positions, in particular the two Treasury roles, are a priority. The slate of proposed officers is expected to be announced on May 6, with the election on June 10. Look for more info, soon.
- Though hybrid resumes April 19, there is no guarantee all grades will go back. A recent proposal from the teachers union, SOMEA, was discussed as a possible solution/stop-gap.
Join us if you can! Dial in detail are on the lefthand side, here: http://www.tuscanpta.org/pta-minutes.html