The first SEPAC (Special Education Advisory Committee) meeting for 2018-2019 is Tuesday, 9/25/18. This is a General Support Meeting and will include voting for New Executive Board. All SEPAC meetings take place 7:30-9PM in the Central Office District Meeting Room, unless otherwise specified (525 Academy St).
SEPAC is an advocacy group focused on policies, programs, and practices within the South Orange/Maplewood School District. Families and caregivers of student(s) with learning needs or students eligible for or receiving services under an IEP or 504 plan are encouraged to attend SEPAC Meetings.
This year, the community has one special education parent group as the Special Education PTO has merged with SEPAC. SEPAC provides parents with tools and information to work collaboratively with the school district and to be more effective advocates for their children with special educational needs. Our meetings consist of featured conversations/ presentations as well as support, resource sharing, and the ability to connect with other members of the special education community. Meetings with featured topics are our attempt to get those with similar concerns in the same room at the same time but all are always welcome!
See full schedule below.
Questions? Website: sepacsoma.org Email: email@example.com
· Tuesday, 9/25/18 General Support Meeting/ Voting for New Executive Board
· Wednesday, 10/24/18 Understood.orgpresenting an IEP Binder workshop at Montrose Early Childhood Center
· Tuesday, 11/27/18 Support Meeting for families with preschoolers and newcomers to SEPAC
· December - Social event for families, details TBD
· January - date TBD, Renay Zamloot, Educational Advocate to speak
· Tuesday, 2/26/19 Support for families of secondary students
· Wednesday, 3/27/2019 Support for families of out of district students
· Wednesday, 5/22/19 General support for all families/ end of year