Services Available In Maplewood
· Prospect Presbyterian Church (Laundry and Shower Services)
· St George Church (Meals and shelter)
· DeHart Community Center (Meals and shelter)
· Morrow Church (Open from 9am-9pm, offering lunch and dinner until Friday)
· St George Church (Ridgewood Road) – tentative, please check with church
· DeHart Community Center (Burnett Avenue)
· Please bring your own pillows, blankets, sheets, entertainment, medications, toiletries and other necessary items.
· Morrow Church (WiFi available)
· DeHart Community Center
· Main and Hilton Branch Libraries (WiF iavailable)
· SOPAC (WiFi available)
· Bank Of America @ 161 Maplewood Avenue (Wi Fi available)
South Orange Sheltering Information
Shelters and warming stations are available for residents still without power. Please advise the Police Desk if you need transportation to the shelter or have any special needs.
Baird Center – 5 Mead Street
· Available immediately for overnight shelter.
· Meals can be provided as well.
· Baird has power, heat, and limited space for leashed pets.
· Bring your own bedding, medications, clothes, and any other needs.
· Please call the South Orange Police Department, non-emergency number - 973 763 3000, to use the shelter.
· If the Baird becomes full, there are back up shelters available within South Orange. The Police Department can provide more information upon request.
South Orange Public Library – 65 Scotland Road (973-762-0230)
· The library continues to be a warming and charging facility for residents during the day.
For the latest updates on power restoration, NJ Transit and other storm related issues visit www.southorange.org.