How will your tax dollars be used to support our local public schools as they strive to prepare each and every student for post-secondary educational success and to educate all students to be responsible and productive members of the global society at large?
Whether you have children enrolled in SOMSD schools or not, the school budget affects every resident of South Orange and Maplewood. Our property taxes fund our schools. In addition, the quality of education and extracurricular activities offered by our schools has a tremendous impact on property values and desirability of our two towns.
The Board of Education invites community input throughout the budget process.
How Can You Learn More?
- Watch the preliminary budget presentation from the February 27 Board of Education Meeting.
- Read about the 2017-2018 School Budget on our website
- Attend one of our upcoming public meetings (see schedule below)
- Watch the video of one of the budget presentation on our on demand server (meeting videos are generally posted within 2 business days)
How Can You Provide Feedback or Ask Questions?
- Speak at one of the upcoming public meetings (see schedule below)
- Contact us through Let’s Talk!
2017-2018 Budget Calendar – Note Corrected Times!!
Tues. Mar 7 Board of Education Budget Workshop Montrose Early Childhood Center
7:00pm Administration presents proposed budget 356 Clark Street, South Orange
including official state aid numbers.
Mon. Mar 13
7:00pm Community Forum on the 2017-2018 Budget Montrose Early Childhood Center
Update to community on the proposed budget, 356 Clark Street, South Orange
and opportunity for community members to
Sat. Mar. 18 Board of Education Meeting Montrose Early Childhood Center
9:30am BOE considers/adopts preliminary budget to 356 Clark Street, South Orange
submit to Essex County Superintendent for
approval to advertise.
Mon. Apr. 24
7:30pm Board of Education Meeting Columbia High School Library
Public Hearing/Action to Levy 2017-2018 17 Parker Avenue, Maplewood