- Worried about your struggling student?
- Questions about special education?
- Want to get involved?
Learn more about these active volunteer parent groups who are here to help:
- Special Education Parent Advisory Committee (SEPAC) is an advocacy group focused on providing parent and community input to policies, programs and practices of the South Orange/Maplewood School District related to students with IEPs, 504s and others who are in need of support.
- Special Education PTO is a peer-to-peer support group that works directly with parents/caregivers, offering tools and information to help them effectively partner with teachers & schools to meet individual student needs.
- SOMA 2e supports the achievement of gifted students with special needs and their families (2e is short for ‘twice exceptional.’)
Come to a meeting this fall!
Time: 7:30pm (Dates below)
Location: 525 Academy Street, Maplewood, NJ 07040
Sept 27th Special Ed PTO somaspedpto.com
Oct 5th SEPAC sepacsoma.org
Oct 6th SOMA 2e facebook.com/groups/soma2e/
Additional support groups & workshops are available via
The Parenting Center - theparentingcenter.info
For more information, please contact Tuscan Special Education Liaison
Holly Evans at: Holev@aol.com