On October 19th, Hope is in the Bag
It’s easy to participate in Table to Table’s Bag a Lunch, Help a Bunch program. Just donate what you would normally spend on lunch, and you’ll be helping us continue to deliver meals to those who need it most: some of the more than a million New Jersey citizens who are hungry right here in our own neighborhoods.
UPDATE: Tuscan raised more than $1,200 for Table to Table! Your donations will be used to distribute food that would otherwise go to waste to families in need in Essex County. Thank you for your generosity!
NORTHEAST NJ’S FIRST AND ONLY FOOD RESCUE PROGRAM
THE CRISIS: Over 1.1 million hungry people live in New Jersey and more than 1/3 of them are children. Meanwhile, Americans
are throwing out 40% (almost every other bite) of the country’s food supply.
OUR MISSION: Table to Table picks up fresh and prepared excess food and delivers it to places that feed hungry people.
AREA OF SERVICE: Bergen, Hudson, Passaic and Essex counties.
PERISHABLE FOOD DONORS: Table to Table rescues food from over 200 donors including restaurants, supermarkets, farmers markets, hospitals, corporate cafeterias and caterers.
RECIPIENTS IN NEED: Table to Table delivers this food to more than 80 different recipient agencies, including soup kitchens, safe houses for women and children, drug rehab centers, homeless shelters, programs helping veterans, HIV day centers and elder care programs.
- Table to Table has been awarded 4-star status by Charity Navigator for the 6th year in a row and is rated one of
the most efficient hunger relief organizations in the entire country.
- In 2015, we delivered over 15 million meals.
- We have increased the number of people we serve by 10-30% each and every year.
- For every $1 raised, 10 meals are delivered – that’s a cost of only 10 cents meal!
- In 2016 we will deliver food for 16 million meals and our Newark Mobile Market will provide access to fresh
produce, at no cost, to 500+ families.
HOW WE DO IT:
- Our program is extraordinarily efficient. Table to Table operates a fleet of refrigerated vehicles for the daily pick-up and delivery of fresh food. We have no storage or warehouse – our trucks start and end each day empty. And, because we are local and have trucks right in the area, we can respond quickly to unscheduled calls. Table to Table is the most cost effective hunger relief program in the entire state of New Jersey and one of the most efficient not-for-profits in the entire country.
- We take no government money. We rely solely on our own efforts to raise the funds needed for our operation. Our success is due to the support of exceptional corporate partners such as American Express, Samsung Electronics, American Airlines, BMW, and the support of hundreds of local companies and generous individuals.
- At Table to Table, at least 98 cents of every dollar goes directly to the operation of our vehicles and the delivery of food. Our fund raising and management expenses never exceed 4%.
- We deliver food for free. Unlike other hunger relief organizations, Table to Table does not charge any fee whatsoever to the agencies receiving our deliveries.
WE’RE FAST, WE’RE FRESH AND WE’RE FREE!
WHAT IS IT?
• Bag a Lunch, Help a Bunch® is a grassroots initiative that asks students in schools and employees in businesses to donate the equivalent of one day’s lunch money to help Table to Table ght hunger in our communities.
• Bag a Lunch, Help a Bunch® is a simple, fun, ready-to-go program with a huge impact. All it takes is a team captain at your organization and Table to Table will provide all the necessary materials to make it a success.
• Bag a Lunch, Help a Bunch® will be held on Wednesday, October 19, 2016, but if that date doesn’t work for you we will help you select an alternate.
WHY DO IT?
• 1in4 New Jersey residents do not earn enough to afford the basic necessities of food and housing.
• 1in5 children in New Jersey do not know where their next meal will come from.
• Nearly 500,000 people living in Bergen, Essex, Hudson and Passaic counties are food insecure.
• Hunger affects people at every stage in life. Without proper nutrition babies can’t thrive, children don’t develop, students can’t learn, adults are not productive and seniors can’t stay healthy.
HOW DOES TABLE TO TABLE HELP?
need it most. In 2015 alone, we redistributed enough food (free of charge) to provide 15 million meals to hungry families in Northeast New Jersey.
WHAT IMPACT CAN YOU HAVE?
Table to Table delivers food for less than 10 cents a meal, so the impact is huge.
$5 helps deliver more than
50 nutritious lunches
$10 keeps a child nourished for an entire month
$25 brings fresh produce to a family of 4 for
ARE THERE OTHER INCENTIVES TO PARTICIPATING?
These trucks drive throughout Northern New Jersey every day, picking up food and delivering it to those who need it most.
HOW TO SIGN UP
• Please contact Julie Sciaino at (201) 681-0862, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you! You can make a hue lives of thousands of our hungry neighbors!
PO BOX 1051 • ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, NJ 07632 • 201-444-5500
For more information, or to make additional donations, please visit: www.tabletotable.org